Frequently asked questions with answers:
What is a live panoramic camera?
A panorama camera is a webcam with a viewing angle of up to 360°. Live means that the images of a panoramic camera are updated several times per hour. s allows to experience a region live with a 360° panoramic view.
What can a PanoCloud panoramic camera be used for?
A panoramic camera can be used:
How do panoramic cameras comply with the DSGVO?
According to the EU General Data Protection Regulation no persons or license plates may be identifiable in webcam images. Likewise, all data must be stored on a server in the EU. These criteria are fulfilled by:
- PanoCloud cameras are installed in such a way that the privacy rights of private individuals are observed. In addition, sensitive areas can also be blurred, see data protection.
- PanoCloud panoramic cameras are NOT surveillance systems because they do not provide a permanent record, but only perfom a time updated image transfer. Exceptions are actual video surveillance, where on-site signage must be made.
- The panoramic camera data are protected on the PanoCloud server in an Austrian data center.
- Videos are not saved, whether real-time video streams or time-delayed video clips.
- Time-lapse films are generated from single images for documentation and are not for monitoring.
- Click here for more information on EU data protection rules.
What kind of camera is suitable for my location?
- At a high location from which you can enjoy an all-round view, a 360° live panoramic camera is the ideal camera type. For this we offer two solutions, a Q500 or a higher resolution Q700 360° PanoCloud panoramic camera.
- Should a smaller viewing angle of up to 109° be sufficient, can a F600 Ultra HD 4K webcam be used.
Example: Marktplatz Gersfeld
- For night scenes, an available light camera is particularly good, as it allows bright night scenes with HDR exposure.
- An additional zenith camera enables the virtual reality function. Thus guests can dive directly into the picture.
Example: St. Moritz
- For more information, see products live panorama cameras.
Where can a PanoCloud panoramic camera be installed?
- Each camera is equipped with a wall or mast bracket. This makes it easy to install on house walls or on masts. Optionally we also offer masts with a surface stand.
- On ships, it is also possible to mount camera systems, so guests can follow a boat trip via live stream.
- An installation on wind turbines is ideal for controlling the icing, for example.
- Less suitable installation sites are for example trees, as they move daily as they grow. Also, cranes or gondolas are not ideal installation locations, because they fluctuate during operation or in strong winds.
Which installation options are available?
- Variant 1: The assembly and technical commissioning are carried out by us on site and charged according to actual expenditure. Depending on the system variant and location, we usually require between 2 and 5 hours per camera, provided that all specifications have been implemented and met accordingly.
- Variant 2: The configured and tested camera is shipped to you. You install the camera in cooperation with our instructions. The launch of the camera is carried out after completion of the assembly and the connection to the transmission medium from us via remote servicing.
- Variant 3: The configured and tested camera is shipped to you. An on-site electrician will carry out the installation according to our specifications. The launch of the camera is carried out after completion of the assembly and the connection to the transmission medium from us via remote servicing.
Which requirements should be present at the camera location before installation?
- A stable mounting option for all components should be guaranteed.
- A 230V AC voltage, uninterruptible and with lightning protection. Optionally we also offer solar panels for PanoCloud solutions.
- Access to the installation sites for commissioning, if necessary for maintenance and disassembly including auxiliary equipment (depending on the location, for example ladder, crane, scaffolding).
- A stable internet connection with at least 1 Mbit/s upstream. Optionally we offer a cellular or WLAN network.
With which end devices are PanoCloud images and videos retrievable?
The data can be watched on all devices such as desktop PCs, laptops, tablets, iPads, smartphones and iPhones.
What advantages does the PanoCloud Viewer offer you?
- The PanoCloud Viewer creates an information layer via a webcam image which is transformed into an interactive marketing tool. Thus, your visitors stay informed about news and events on the spot.
- The functions of the PanoCloud Viewer include on the one hand marketing features, such as news ticker, hotspots, logo(s) and a free ein frei definable menu.
- On the other hand, there are also information features, which include compass, overview map, weather data (from your weather station) and an image archive.
- The content management system gives you a creative hand. At any time, you can customise the functions of the PanoCloud Viewer.
- Also included is a one-hour training session using the TeamViewer session. Here you get to know the CMS management system, which makes it easy for you to update your PanoCloud functions at any time.
- In addition to complete systems, we also offer the option of upgrading existing cameras (if compatible) with the PanoCloud Viewer.
- Due to the zoom function, the PanoCloud Viewer is used primarily for construction cams to follow the construction process.
How can your PanoCloud panoramic camera be found?
- A PanoCloud panoramic camera can be added to your homepage. Videos can also be presented on your own television, such as hotels.
Example: Nature park Weissensee
- With the media package your camera will also be linked with WMS partner platforms. Thus, you are also found by guests who have not specifically searched for you.
Example: Klagenfurt am Wörthersee – Neuer Platz – Neues Rathaus
- With the PanoCloud Viewer multi camera selection function, all panoramic cameras are displayed at a glance in the panorama camera image. This allows guests to get to know the entire region, such as the Wörthersee region from Velden over Pörtschach to Klagenfurt.
Example: Pyramidenkogel am Wörthersee
- Templates from your PanoCloud Viewer can be rented or simply made available to holiday destinations in your region. So you spread and share your links to your panorama camera and homepage in your regional area.
- For a more accurate audience definition and customisation of your marketing strategies, web access statistics will help you, see more at web analysis.
How re PanoCloud panoramic cameras integrated into a homepage?
- Upon completion, you will receive an e-mail with links to your new interactive camera. Afterwards we support you with the integration of your camera image or video into your homepage.
Example: City Linz Homepage
- An Image Slider can also be used to integrate several PanoCloud Live panorama cameras into a homepage. Here, it is possible to see only the image without PanoCloud Viewer functions.
Example: Ski destination Schöneben and Haideralm
- Also, if desired, you can access your web access statistics with your setup e-mail, more information can be found at web analysis.
What is the difference between a video clip and live streaming?
- Streaming means that a live video transmission takes place in real time. This stream can then be linked in the PanoCloud Viewer or distributed via social media channels such as Facebook Live or YouTube. Also, certain WMS partner platforms include live streams.
Example: Marina die Venezia stream
- A video clip is a time-delayed video, which is for example updated every 10 minutes. This stream can then be linked in the PanoCloud Viewer or distributed via social media channels such as Facebook or YouTube. Also, certain WMS partner platforms include time-delayed video clips.
Example: Pyramindenkogel video clip